ACD has over 50 years of experience in the design and manufacturing of high efficiency turboexpanders. Our equipment is still proudly designed and manufactured in the USA in our facilities in Santa Ana California. Our turboexpanders provide a unique degree of efficient and reliable operation for air separation and liquefaction of cryogenic gases.
ACD offers innovative solutions for our customer’s custom and standard industrial gas applications. Every machine is engineered and optimized to operate at the peak of efficiency per customer process requirements.
Our Engineering and Customer Service teams are well trained to identify and prioritize our customer’s needs and provide exceptional customer service.
By utilizing our Performance Excellence Process and extensive Project Planning and Project Management tools we are able to consistently deliver our equipment on time to customers throughout the world.
ACD has over 1,000 turboexpanders in operation.
- Nominal wheel diameter from 2.0" to 12.0"
- Rotor speeds to 115,000 RPM
- High Expander efficiencies
- Dual expander compressor systems mounted on a common skid
- Cryogenic booster compressors
- Cryogenic booster compressor & hydro brake
- Single stage, axial impulse turbine for “expanding” high pressure liquid air
- Designed for liquid at inlet (840 psia) and outlet (100 psia)
- Turbine is a close-coupled design, attached to an induction generator